Nutrition Seminars and Workshops
Looking for a dynamic speaker for a conference, trade show or a corporate lunch and learn seminar? Leslie delivers lunch and learn-style seminars, keynote presentations, and hands-on, interactive workshops.
Nutrition seminars can be run for one hour, half day or a full day and are tailored to your organizations needs. They can be set up in a boardroom, lunchroom or any meeting space that suits your requirements.
Popular nutrition topics include:
10 Keys for Healthy Eating
- This seminar will allow you to assess your nutrition know-how and will provide you with 10 easy ways to improve your diet, manage your weight, boost your energy level, and prevent disease. Interactive "Nutrition IQ Quiz" included for small groups.
10 Foods You Should Be Eating More Often
- Based on the latest scientific research, Leslie offers advice on how to eat to stay healthy as you age. From flaxseed to fish to yogurt, this seminar will tell you what today's top 10 nutrition superstars are, how they work to fight disease, and how to incorporate them into your daily diet.
Peak Performance Nutrition: Managing Stress through Diet and Nutrition
- Stress is an unavoidable part of life but that doesn't mean it has to affect your health or your performance. Overwork, lack of sleep, colds and flu, emotional upset, and poor eating habits all put stress on your body. This seminar will offer nutrition strategies to condition your body so it can deal with life's daily stresses. With the right diet, vitamins, minerals and herbs you can boost your body's immune system, increase your energy level, and prevent stress related symptoms including fatigue, headache, low back pain, irritability, and irritable bowel syndrome.
Eat to Live: Nutrition Strategies to Prevent Heart Disease
- Confused about dietary fat and blood cholesterol? Wondering if oat bran really works? What about garlic supplements? Based on the latest research, this seminar will sort out fact from fallacy and give easy-to-implement heart-healthy dietary strategies, from Vitamin E to olive oil.
Eat to Live: Nutrition Strategies to Reduce Cancer Risk
- Experts estimate that at least 35 percent of all cancers are related to diet. Learn how the foods you eat play a role in certain cancers and what you can do now to help lower your risk. Dietary strategies will cover antioxidants, phyto-chemicals, phyto-estrogens, fat, fibre, and more! This seminar can be tailed to specific cancers (e.g. breast cancer for female audience).
Nutrition for Women: A Guide to the Menopausal Years
- Peri-menopause is a period of hormonal change before menopause. Symptoms such as hot flashes, depression, mood swings and insomnia are common. At menopause a woman's risk of heart disease and osteoporosis increases dramatically. This seminar will inform you about natural ways to relieve symptoms and reduce the health risks associated with menopause. Diet, nutritional supplements, and herbs will be covered.
Nutrition for Women: 10 Foods You Should Be Eating More Often
- Certain health problems are much more prevalent among women than men - osteoporosis, anemia, gallstones and overweight to name a few. This thought-provoking seminar will examine the nutritional health of women and discuss dietary strategies for optimal health. Based on the latest scientific research, Leslie will tell you about today's top 10 nutrition superstars, how they work to keep women healthy, and how to incorporate them into your diet.
Nutrition Strategies to Boost Your Immune System
- Afraid of catching this season's flu bug? Want to reduce the severity of cold symptoms? This seminar will discuss dietary strategies as well as nutrition and herbal supplements that can enhance your body's immune function - from vitamin C to zinc.
Supermarket Smarts and Label Reading
- Too often individuals know "what" nutrition recommendations need to be implemented in their diet, but they lack the necessary information on "how" to implement these recommendations. This fun and informative seminar translates nutrition information into practice. As you tour the aisles of the supermarket, you'll learn how to read nutrition labels, select lower fat products, choose the heart healthiest oils, and much, much more. (All while you remain comfortably seated!)
Other popular seminars that can be tailored to the demographics and lifestyle of your group include:
High Energy Eating
Fast Lane Eating: A guide to the downtown food courts
Sport Nutrition: Enhancing performance through diet
Holiday Nutrition Strategies: Surviving the seasonal bulge
10 Keys to Safe and Successful Weight Loss
Debunking the Diet Myth: Weight loss strategies that work
For information about Leslie's availability and speaking fees, please call 416-915-9100.